Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MEMORY FOAM



I hear many times from friends and clients - my bed is uncomfortable.  What can we do - where can we get a good mattress?  


When I moved to Hong Kong - my husband arrived first.  Our mattress in the service flat was like sleeping on the floor and he warned me before I left the USA.  As the movers were in the home - I ran out and purchased a 3" memory foam and had it shipped.


MY LIFE SAVER.  Since then we have moved and purchased higher end mattresses from Ikea (KING) and placed the 3" memory foam on top. It's great!


These are also good for sofa beds. 


Higher-density memory foam reacts to body heat, allowing it to mold to a warm body in a few minutes. A lower-density memory foam is pressure-sensitive and moulds quickly to the shape of a body pressing against it, returning to its original shape once the pressure is removed.
There is a SEAHORSE store in Aberdeen.  Their largest store.  There are many locations around town.   They have the 2" and 3" memory foam - and the prices are much better than at the Department stores. 
A twin 2" was about $600+ That's $500 less than Wing On on sale. 


Sofa:  I've even used the memory foam in my sofa when it looses it's shape. You tend to sit in the same place all the time and the feathers move away from it.  I've also just taken stuffing from pillows and added to my own sofa seat cushion after 3 years.  It's like new and only took 30 minutes to do. ( I had the pillow - so no cost. )


I've just been to Wing On and found them on sale.  Here are the prices.   They are steep - but a good nights sleep is worth it.  They have 1.5" and 3".  Also very good for a guest bed.


SEAHORSE did have a 1" foam single for $551.60  - but it was only located in the Causway Bay store which is now closed. You might check to see if they carry it more wide spread now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment