Monday, September 17, 2012

SOFA REQUEST

REQUEST WAS FOR THE SOFA BELOW 

Drexel Heritage

ABERDEEN STYLE 




This is my living room.  It came with the yellow Venetian plaster walls and the french loopy curtains - so I designed around it.  Remember - it's only temporary. 

This sofa design is from Drexel Heritage. Mine is  extremely large - 93" long x 40" deep.  And because of it I made 2 sections that clip together. otherwise it wouldn't fit the elevator.  It has a skirt to hide the connections.
It takes 23 yards of material. 
So if you used material about $350 yd it would be about $14,000

I would not recommend the 2 cushions.  It's not comfortable.  You tend to sit in the middle of the sofa and hit the seam where there is less padding. It's needs either 3 seater like the original design or 1 long cushion - which is very urban and fashionable right now.  

The fabric was from Tequila Kola - on sale and now discontinued. 
 Whenever I'm home in the USA I bring several yards back to make accent pillows wherever needed. And use down fillers about 24 x 24". 

Making a sofa takes about 5-6 weeks depending where the fabric is coming from. 
I can't quote unless I have the actual dimensions and fabric selection. 

I also have to admit that no one orders their sofas from my website. I'm usually finding a design for them and we meet and look at fabrics at the showroom - or they supply the fabric. 

The items from this factory can be firm, medium or soft in comfort. You choose.  This is 5" foam with a feather down padding on top and bottom so it can be flipped.  When it wears down after 4 years - I purchase inexpensive batting in Wan Chai and wrap them to fluff them up again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment